Got a Green Dot question?
- You can ask Dotty and get your question answered anonymously on this website.
- You could also post your question in the Green Dot Homer Facebook group to get feedback from other members.
- Click here for green dot ideas and here for information about red dots.
- If you want to know more about the creators of Green Dot and what they’re up to, you can visit livethegreendot.com.
- Contact us.
Get parenting information and support
- To get information on child development, behavior solutions, and support, you can dial the Alaska Parent Help Line at 211 or visit alaska211.org.
- The Alaska Children’s Trust has information on preventing child abuse.
- Alaska WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) is available here. The Homer office is at 235-5495.
- Aha! Parenting has gentle information on peaceful parenting at all developmental stages.
- The Child Care Assistance Program office for Homer is at LeeShore Center in Kenai. Their number is 1 (877) 855-2227.
Get help and support for yourself or a friend
- If you need help getting safe or would like to speak with an advocate, you can call the Haven House confidential crisis line at 235-8943.
- If you are having thoughts about hurting yourself or others, you can call the Center at 235-7701 or South Peninsula Hospital at 235-8101.
- If you need help finding food or shelter, you can call the Food Pantry at 235-1968.
- For information and resources on sexual assault, you can visit RAINN.
- If you are in immediate danger, please call 911.
Get information about healthy relationships
- For reproductive health care and information about sex and relationships, call Kachemak Bay Family Planning Clinic at 235-3436.
- Teens can visit the R.E.C. Room or call 235-6736 to hang out, find stuff to do, and get information and resources.
- For all questions sex-related, teens can visit Scarleteen.com.